The Redundant Ramblings of an Insane Mind

Okay, so I'm nuts. I think that everyone should know that up front. But I enjoy my insanity. I feel sorry for people that suffer from theirs. I'm an Irish Catholic Redhead. Picture that! hehehe. Anything else you want to know just ask!

Monday, April 04, 2005

The death of a great man.....God Bless JPII

You know what's weird? I feel the Pope's passing as a personal loss. He has been a great man, someone that could always be looked up to and epitimized what it was to be Catholic and have unyielding faith in the Lord.

I spent most of Saturday night walking along the Canal. I listened to the soundtracks of World Youth Day-Toronto. I love the memories that it stirred. I could almost feel the "presence" and spirituality that I felt when I was there. But mostly I thought about our last night, when we campted in Downsview Park.

I remember walking 10 miles throughout Toronto with all of our luggage on our backs. Colin, Nay, Andrew, Andy, and the other guys. We were so ahead of the rest of our group. We sat at the top of a hill and waited for everyone to catch up with us. Andrew singing the "Song of Germany" and telling us about the "We, we" French guys in the bathroom. lol. The Italians in front of us. The group from Africa behind us. A line of people/groups walking as far as we could see in either direction. Spoting the stage on the other end of the park. Wow.

Inventing the club. Fed Up Catholic Kids when Chris (Our "leader") couldn't decide where we would camp. The day being so hot and humid that we were sweaty and our clothes were sticking to us. Seeing the rain clouds in the distance. Having no protection from the weather. A couple million people sitting in the middle of a park because the Pope was going to say Mass the next day. Amazing. People from all over the world. We came together. Sang. Played games. And I made friends that came into my life and left in a matter of hours, but will stay with me for the rest of my life.

Cara, Kellie, Nay and I building a tent our of four baricades, a tarp, two plastic picnic blankets, some ponchoes, duck tape (lol), and the yellow material that we were required to wear at all times. I have pictures. The candle lighting ceremony. Playing Egyption Rat Screw and Poker.

The rain. I remember that in the morning Pope John Paul II said something about, " God bless these cleansing rains" and the sky parting to let the sun come out. But that night. I think about all of my sins. Symbolically, the storm and the rain and Nay. I see things that I shouldn't have been doing and people that I shouldn't have been spending time with. I see the morning as a fresh start. Making my life into what it should have been instead of what it was. I see myself holding on to what I had been and wasting my time.

Anyway. The morning was great. The Pope said Mass and blessed all of us. The sun was shing through the clouds down onto the stage. I feel peaceful remembering it.

Insite of the Day:
Why do we hold on to the past? We move on, we grow older, we change. Yet, for some reason we still hold onto realationships with people that we can't relate to and don't generally get along with.

My Case and Point:
One of my best friends from High School is getting married this summer. I am helping the Maid of Honor plan the Bachelorette party and get everything together because, hey we're both in college and don't have a lot of time or resources. We sent out the invitations, thought everything was great. We did exactly what the Bride wanted, a weekend at Cedar Point with her "best" friends. We're all underage, BTW.

I receive a call last night from the MOH because everyone has been calling the Bride telling here that, "They expect us to drive to Ohio and actually spend money" "I don't want to drive" "I don't want to pay money" "This idea sucks". Wonder of all wonders the Bride called her mother in tears after she received 20 of these calls. Not a single person called myself or the MOH. It's not like we were really asking that much. We were paying for everything up front. 25 tickets for Cedar point and 8 hotel rooms. Costing us a SHIT LOAD of money. We were asking them to pay for their own food and $50 for room and hotel. The MOH and I were paying the other HALF of what it cost for them to go. We were carpooling. 2 drivers, me and the MOH. We were borrowing two vans for the trip. WTF. So now we're back to scratch for the party. But I digress. The point of this is are these girls even really her friends anymore? If they aren't then why is she holding on? Is it really worth it to stay connected to people that don't care?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home