The Redundant Ramblings of an Insane Mind

Okay, so I'm nuts. I think that everyone should know that up front. But I enjoy my insanity. I feel sorry for people that suffer from theirs. I'm an Irish Catholic Redhead. Picture that! hehehe. Anything else you want to know just ask!

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Chautauqua....decisions to be made.......

The big Chautauqua interview was this morning. That was four hours of nerves that I didn't need. I was a wreck going into it. Couldn't sleep last night. I had it together on the outside, but I was falling apart inside. Nails done, freshly drycleaned tan suite, chocolate ballet heels, straight hair, subtle make up, conservative jewelry. Cool, calm and collected, I think.

History: They called last week requesting and interview. They were supposed to send me a work history packet to have filled out when I got there this morning. It never arrived.

Anyway, so I got there 45 minutes early so that I would be able to fill out the history forms. All 8 pages. The group interview went well. I was the youngest person in the room of 10 by at least 7 years. Honors Theatre paid off because I was able to memorize a one page boarding announcement in 20 minutes. (Thank you, God) That lasted 3 hours. Then my 1 on 1. It was really good. Carina loves me, loves my resume', loves my cover letter and writing style. Very reassuring. We spoke about the job, what it would entail, hours worked, how long it would take me to be able to bid a line and hold it, probability of having INDY as my base. Realistically, I can't do the job and finish School. I'm three semesters and camp away from walking out with two degrees and my ASL certification. If I quit now, I won't finish. I know that about myself. Carina and I talked about it. She's putting my application, work history, and resume'/cover letter in her files and wants me to call her when I graduate. I'll have her first appointment.

It's reassuring that I know I'll have a job, provided that I make it through the training, when I get done. But....I'm not ready to be out in the "Real World" yet. I can't be that old. It's terrifying. I envy Van Wilder. I know that when the time comes for me to graduate and enter get out there, I'll be up to it and ready, but right now, I don't want to think about it. I can't. Don't focus too much on the future, you'll miss the present.

I'm messed up. It's 300 degrees outside with 1200% humidity and I'm drinking hot chocolate and eating ice chips. I need mental help. (The fax machine is spewing papper all over the place, rapidfire. lol. This is going to be fun.

Later that day....

So the fax thing was fun. It seems a fax spammer found our number and decided to abuse it. Just because we have 30 working in the office doesn't mean we each need a copy of ever fax known to man. Entertaining to say the least. Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home