The Redundant Ramblings of an Insane Mind

Okay, so I'm nuts. I think that everyone should know that up front. But I enjoy my insanity. I feel sorry for people that suffer from theirs. I'm an Irish Catholic Redhead. Picture that! hehehe. Anything else you want to know just ask!

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Answers to Adam's Interview Questions

Rabbi's Questions:
1. Pick one item in your life that describes you, what is it and why does it fit?

Hmmm....I think I got it. I have this canvas sitting at home in my room. I've had it for 4 years. I always sit down to work on it, put paint on my brush, swish it around, but I never finish it. It's just a mix of colors. But it says so much about me. There are times when there's dark colors, violent and bold, and times when there are soft colors, subtly changing the entire picture. I think of it as a portrait of who I have been, who I am, and who I'm becoming.

2. What event prompted you to stop being a good catholic?

Talk about a loaded question...
Everything?
My grandfather died when I was nine, while I was holding his hand. I never told him that I loved him. I was too young to understand that the reason he had been so unreachable during my life was because of the considerable pain he was in. I blamed God. I couldn't understand why he had taken my grandfather away from me. That was my first experience with death.
I became withdrawn, Goth, got into drugs and other things. When I finally pulled myself out of where I was I started trying to find religion again. I realized that it wasn't God's fault and that he really did love me enough to give me time to get to know my grandfather. At least I had that.
I initially went back to Catholism because that's what my mom's family is. It didn't make sense. I kept looking around, becoming immersed in religions, I guess trying to find truth. Through all of that I had still been attending religious ed classes through Blessed Sacrement Catholic Church. I started going to the adult discussions with Deacon Ramero. He has this fire and spirit that was more genuine than anything that I had found in books.
I came back to Catholism and was confirmed when I was 14. The one thing that I learned trough everything was that every religion from Hinduism to Native American has the same basic belief: There is a higher power. One good. One evil. The good can take the form of three beings. Catholism just seemed like the one that had it close to making sense. And every religion has it's problems, maybe the Catholic church is just more noticable because it has been around so long. And it doesn't all make sense.
I've learned to just have faith. Faith and religion are not one in the same. I still attend a Catholic Church, I'll buy into about 75% of the teachings, but at the end of the day I have faith in God and not in a building.

3. If money was not an option what would be your job and why?

Travel, that isn't really a job is it? There are so many things to see and experience in the world. But honestly? A homemaker. I want to be a stay at home mom, go to soccer games and dance competition. I want to cook and clean and turn a house into a home. I want to take care of my family.

4. Tell your best party story.

Well, it involves Kate and Val. (I guess you don't know them, do you?) It was a three night serious of parties we call TKN (triple kiss night) parts I, II, III. These are supposed to be kept secret within the group, but I'll give you overviews.
Part I: Val, John, and I got trashed on a Wed. night. Webcamed with Doug. Drew all over John with highlighters and sharpies.
Part II: I kissed Val, John, and Kate (any and all combinations involving 2-3 ppl.) Homemade whiskey. Kings. Four bottles of everclear and one gallon of Kool-Aid.
Part III: Vodka test tubes. Four beer runs. Drunk driver (game). Kings. College Humor.com. Met Casey from Purdue. Soccer party. Party at the Hyatt.
You don't really get a lot from that, but they were good times. I think it took us all a week to recover!

5. What is the one big decision you wish you could have changed, what would you have done differently and why?

(sigh) I told myself that I would never regret the choices that I make in college, but Cale is one that I do. In that time, I came as close to giving up on myself as I could. I sacrificed everything that I stood for. I can't ever fix it. It's something that I've had to come to terms with, hard as that may have been. I'm still working on it. It's why I try to loose myself in other things so much. I can't say that I'd change things because it's why I am who I am today, but going through everything is probably the hardest thing that I've ever done. I wish that I had kept my dreams alive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home