The Redundant Ramblings of an Insane Mind

Okay, so I'm nuts. I think that everyone should know that up front. But I enjoy my insanity. I feel sorry for people that suffer from theirs. I'm an Irish Catholic Redhead. Picture that! hehehe. Anything else you want to know just ask!

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Dreams of the future........?

I've been fighting an uphill battle at work for the last two years. It centers around office politics, undefined responsibility, and general unhappiness for most of the people that I work with. It's frusterating to say the least.

Given that the subconscenous expresses itself through dreams, I should not have been surprised when I awoke this morning, but I was. Last night I dreamt that I was at a CDD (Dean's, Directors, and Chairs) meeting taking notes for my ever tardy employer. The topic of discussion was the lack of morale in the office. (This isn't surprising because when J.R. quit last month during his exit interview he stated that he was leaving due to the a:lack of repect from upper level employees b:intense office politics c:lack of happiness d: lack of fullfillment from his job.

During the time that he worked here we had become friends. He's an enormously lovable gay guy with three dogs that serve as his children. Excellent taste in everything from clothes to home decorating to food, as one would expect. He also had a talent for making the day durable during our "gossip hours" each day.

okay, so I'm sitting in the meeting, taking notes and not commenting. (My new goal at work is to stay under the radar at any cost, btw.) PF begins talking about how there are no office politics and that JR didn't know what he was talking about. I can't help but laugh.

Every morning when I wake up I spend a hour laying in bed, watching TV, and planning my lunch/outfit for the day. My clothing is, as I have been informed, one of the most frequent topics of conversation in the office. Jean skirts, even if they go to the knee, are jeans and therefore only to be worn on Fridays. Halters, even when worn under a sweater/suit jacket, are halters and offensive to PF. Open toe shoes, big jewelry, painted toenails, curly hair, (the list goes on forever) are all offensive. My confusion is that for my boss to be happy I need to "dress my age" and represent students and that PF wants me to dress like I'm 30. So I find something in the middle and hopefully it works.

HA.....I just did a thing for my word study....."What are your current career goals?" TO STAY UNDER THE RADAR AND NOT GET YELLED AT. I don't think that's very productive, do you?

My cubical has become a second home. It's my happy place at work.

I'm glad I have Friday off. I like dentist appointments. It could be because my mommy works there or that my dentist was my soccer coach, but still. If I have to see a doctor, I'd choose my dentist. They have a big fish tank!

Obviously I didn't run myself to death last night, but I thought about it. (PG just asked how I'm feeling today. I don't think I'm having a fat day and my boobs hurt qualifies as an answer, do you? TMI, I know.)

It's time to go run again, isn't it? People look at me funny on my way home. It could be because no one in Indy works out or because I'm bear foot. I can't decide. Honestly, after my feet have been in heels all day and then I go running, I don't want to wear shoes at all.

I just drew a maze on a file folder with a white out stick. 12 more minutes.....

I'm going shopping this weekend. That'll make me happy. Not so much, but we'll act like it will for now.

I'm cat sitting for three weeks. Lolo and Fefe. But at least I'll be away from campus.

I can't wait to go to Chicago to visit Kimmer. Taste of Chicago here we come!

7 minutes......

OOOOOOOOOOOO I have a really cool poem that I wanna put in here. But it's at home. We'll do that tomorrow. Well, goodnight cats and kittens!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home